26 Aug 2013

OXFORD SUMMER SCHOOL 2013

Last week I was lucky enough to attend this year's Oxford Summer School. Held in Oxford's Keble College. It really was the perfect setting for 200 people to meet, learn and discuss the retail industry.

Each day was based a different subject. We studied leadership, finance, merchandising and marketing, and had some amazing guest speakers, including Mark Price, Managing Director or Waitrose, Justin King, Managing Director of Sainsbury's and Laura Wade-Gery, Executive Director, Multi-Channel E-Commerce, Marks & Spencers to name just a few.

I have come home with my head filled with so many new ideas having not only learned from the tutorials and tasks each day but also from the amazing team I worked with. They really made my Oxford Summer School experience so much more enjoyable. Thanks guys!

The highlight of the week for me has to be the Wednesday as I put myself forward to lead the team for the marketing task day. This was initially challenging but soon became incredibly rewarding as the ideas we all generated were brilliant and meant our food emporium concept won in the Dragon's Den style pitch.

© 2013 Gillman & Soame



























I gave you a clue as to where I am in the School photograph above but lets see if you can spot me in the Oxford Summer School closing video, good luck and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...