19 Jun 2011

BEETROOT BROWNIES

Last Sunday I decided to get into the spirit of the Monday bake sale at work and every week make something new and exciting. 


This week I decided to make Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Beetroot Brownies from his latest book River Cottage Everydayavailable here. It was a bit of a gamble as I know that a lot of people don't like beetroot, Jack hates it, but maybe I could persuade people, or just not tell them!


The recipe is available here, as well as a little review from the Guardian.















































You will all be happy to hear that by the end of the day they had all sold and I had many compliments. Next week I will bake a Pippa classic, lemon meringue mini cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...