13 Apr 2011

I HAVE NOW JOINED THE 25 CLUB

It is official I have now entered a new age bracket, the 25-34 group, but instead of being sad about getting nearer 30 I went out and celebrated by(drum roll please) buying the new Mulberry Edie bag I have been lusting after for what seems like forever. For those of you who have not seen this beautiful creation click here and its sad to say that I absolutely LOVE IT and it now goes everywhere with me.

For my birthday supper Jack and I went to the Les Trois Garçons and sampled their tasting menu and for those of you who have never been, go, it is truly amazing. The décor was eccentric and eclectic and you will spend the first 10 minutes just looking around in wonder at the madness; giraffe and dear heads wearing diamanté earrings and tiaras, collections of vintage handbags suspended from the ceiling and all the beautiful oil paintings. 

At this point I do have to apologise for the terrible quality of these photographs, it was dark and I was trying to be very subtle, but this is what made up the 7 course tasting menu:


































COURSE ONE
Bite-sized hors d’œuvre in the form of a shot sweet potato and butternut squash soup served with a parmeasan and cauliflower puff. Not a massive fan of the puff but could have had second and third helpings of the soup.

COURSE TWO
Foie Gras served with pear and raisin chutney and brioche, delicious.

COURSE THREE
Tortellini of crab, langoustine with a lemongrass sauce, the highlight of the evening.

COURSE FOUR
Stonebass, scallops and stuffed mussels with samphire.

COURSE FIVE
Little leg of lamb with dauphinoise potatoes and a wedge of hock!

COURSE SIX
Dark chocolate praline mille feuille with a red wine poached pear and Earl Grey Tea ice-cream.

COURSE SEVEN
Petite Fours to finish, at this point, despite what seems like small portions I was about to burst.

The whole evening was amazing and I would recommend you all dine there or take someone as a treat, better still sometimes Groupon has a deal so you can get the tasting menu half price.


Finally I have to mention Matt who drew me the best birthday card ever. For those of you are wondering why he has depicted me as a pig, all will become clear in the next couple of months!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...