7 Jun 2009

Nick Hubbard Jewellery

When I was younger I always remember this very trendy lady coming into my mum's jewellery shop wearing the latest creation of Nick Hubbard, brooches, necklaces, earrings – I loved them all!

I had forgotten about Nick's jewellery until I saw an article on
The Times website about the brooch Hazel Blears wore to a meeting with Gordon Brown, causing a media storm and headlines such as "The brooch that rocked"

Another look on his website and I am longing for a piece once again, but the question is, which one?













'All creatures great and small' charm bracelet in
oxidized
silver and 9ct gold detail, amethyst stone. Hallmarked.













'Thief of hearts', locket in oxidized silver and 9ct
gold detail, 20 chain. Hallmarked.

Many of his pieces have moving part, which adds a real quirkiness, for example in the 'Thief of hearts' (above) the wheels on the bird move!

His jewellery makes fantastic birthday presents if you want something really special and slightly different.














Beautiful collection of colour:
"These small treasures of bought and found objects provide inspiration for much of Nick's work along with his interest in literature, music, art and film."

All images © Nick Hubbard 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...